Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Need an afternoon "pick me up" snack?

Yea, me too!  Right now, this is one of my favorite snacks.  I probably have this about once a week.

Brown rice cake and almond butter.  :)


Brown rice is a complex carbohydrate.  Carbohydrates are the body's ideal fuel for most functions. They supply the body with the energy needed for the muscles, brain and central nervous system. Complex carbs have been shown to enter the blood stream gradually and trigger only a moderate rise in insulin levels, which stabilizes appetite and results in fewer carbohydrates that are stored as fat. Unrefined or ‘whole grain’ carbohydrates found in products like brown rice, whole wheat pasta and bran cereals are digested slowly.

My tip for today:

Everything in moderation is good!  
Enjoy.


No comments :

Post a Comment