Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mug cake

Got a sweet tooth??  Sometimes I go thru spurts of craving and down right obsessing over sweets.  Well, when this happens, I jump in the kitchen and start playing around with ingredients.  This is what I came up with


Ingredients:
1.5 tbls coconut flour
1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
1 egg + 1 egg white
1 tbls coconut oil
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbls almond or coconut milk
1/2 banana (you can omit if your watching sugar intake)
Splash of vanilla extract
Couple dashes of cinnamon

Instructions:
Throw it all in a coffee mug.  Smash and stir with a fork. Pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes.  That's it!!  

Get creative.... I added 1 tbls of pumpkin purée from a can and used vanilla cake protein powder. Another day I used chocolate powder and a tbls of almond butter. The possibilities are endless!!

Icing - two options here
1.  Mix a little water or almond milk to a little protein powder and drizzle on top

2. Put coconut milk (in a can) in the fridge overnight.  Remove the top fluffy goodness and whip with a little cinnamon & vanilla extract and drizzle on top. Save the rest for another cake or smoothie. 

For my kiddos I will add about 5 chocolate or peanut butter chips. 😊 Yes, I count the chips. 

Enjoy!!



No comments :

Post a Comment